3/31/2010

Isaiah Moniz...



Isaiah is my middle child. He isn't the oldest, he isn't the youngest... he is right smack dab in the middle. As a baby, he was always mellow, affectionate, sweet, loving, gentle....oh...my memories. But really at 15, he is still the same. I just got this photo off my brother's blog. It was taken just a couple days ago in Bali. When I look at it, I don't see my little boy... I see a grown man. And I am so very proud of him. If you are a parent of teens or older, I'm sure you have felt that deep ache inside your heart....you know.... when you realize that your child has grown up. :( It is a wonderful thing, but it is also so sad at the same time because now, they want their independence....where as before...they needed you. My kids don't ever crawl in bed with us in the early morning, or cry when we leave on a date, they don't all smile so willingly when I take a picture of them, or need me to spoon feed them....waa.... I am a mom that is living in a time that is changing....a bitter-sweet moment.

No comments: