9/05/2011

My Love Bug Rocco....our special time, in our special place.



Rocco is not my grandson, he is not my nephew, he is my love bug. I had to come up with a new name for a relationship I have with Rocco, and many young children. Why? Because back in the day when TOny and I used to be Youth Leaders at our church, we had many teens that we loved and they became our life. They were with us when we had our children too and now they are all grown up and have families of their own. So there. They were like my "kids" but not. So this is my description of the love I feel for their children. My love bugs. So Rocco came to visit from Spokane for 2 weeks. Tony and I took him surfing only 7 times and Rocco left Hawaii like a pro. He is amazing and we had a blast. It is so hard to explain how much fun we had together and how talented Rocco is. All I can say is that at our last session together, Rocco came out with us as tony did a Semi private lesson and I did a private lesson and Rocco was a great help to my student! He rode along side of her and said, "Stand up!".. with hand motions! And encouraged her one more time as he was paddling out and she was riding in. He even "toed" her in! This is when we as instructors put our toes on the tip of our students boards and tow them back to shore because they are too tiered. Rocco knows how good that is because he got toed by us too. So he toed Vanessa in all the way to shore. HE was a stud! She couldn't get over him... had to take a picture! 6 years old. Our youngest surf instructor yet!

We asked Rocco to come back next summer to help. He said, "Ok. they can just send me back in a box!" :) xoxo sweet memories for us all... even Vanessa! Thank you Vanessa for appreciating my love bug as you did! That was very special to me to see how he gave you joy too!

No comments: