7/31/2011

Duke's Molokai Race 2011. Tony Moniz, ALika Willis, Jerry Lopez






Today was a beautiful day... So many friends in one place, all participating in the Duke Fest, and their passion, to cross one of the most challenging channels of the world. The Molokai Channel. My amazing husband, tony Moniz and his amazing partner, Alika WIllis teamed up to cross the channel again for the 3rd time together. Two Hawaiians, all heart, all passion, great support from Jason Hepa and Zane Aikau as their boat crew, made the 32 mile crossing with a big smile. Many friends gathered together to cheer on their loved ones! Hawaii is so special like that. That is why I love it here, love the people, love the life. My husband came back from a 16 day trip with my boys to Bali, and I took him to the interisland terminal to go straight to Molokai with his partner. Then the next day, wake up at 5:00am to get to the starting line. Strong man, strong brain, making it all the way. xoxo

No comments: